List of YITA Award Winners!
1) Mohd Hafiz Bin Jaafar, University of Malaya
2) Thi Vinh Nguyen, Queensland University of Technology
3) Yi-Ting Lin, China Medical University
4) Andre Matthias Müller, National University of Singapore
5) Shermi Jayasumana, University of Colombo
- The grant provides economy flight ticket, accommodation and waived registration fee to the awardees. Awardees would need to purchase the air ticket, book accommodation and pay for registration fee (if required) in advanced.
- The reimbursement is only eligible for economic fare flight and accommodation (5D4N) expenses up to the maximum amount of USD1,000 per candidate. Expenses in excess of the award amount will not be reimbursed by APACPH.
- Reimbursement of air flight ticket is from the awardees’ University Country. (e.g. If your original nationality is from China, but you study in Singapore, the flight ticket only will be reimbursed from Singapore to Thailand).
- Please provide proof of payment i.e. original flight boarding pass and receipt of hotel accommodation to the APACPH Secretariat. The reimbursement will be given cash on the last day of the conference.
- All YITA awardees need to attend the Pre-Conference workshop for ECN (Early Career Network).
- You have been waived Registration Fee by the Conference Host, Mahidol University. Those who have paid will be reimbursed back by the host. (Please liaise with the host directly)
- Local transportation will be on your own.
Please send your brief biography and photo to the APACH conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 15, 2019
The Young Investigator Travelers Award (YITA) provides funding to promising investigators to encourage and promote quality research in public health. The grants provide economy flight ticket, accommodation and registration fee waived to the awardee. There will be five (5) YITA offered in the APACPH 2018 Conference in Malaysia. The awardees will be selected by appointed panels. The applicant must be a faculty of APACPH members’ institutions and submission of abstracts has been accepted for oral presentation at the time of grant application. Please submit your CV, abstract number and a half page (300 words) write-up of your potential contribution in public health research.
*Awardee would need to purchase air ticket, booked accommodation and pay for registration fee (if required) in advanced.
*Awardee must attend the Early Career Network Workshop during the Pre-Conference.
*Awardee must provide proof of payment i.e. original flight boarding pass and receipt of hotel accommodation to the APACPH Secretariat for reimbursement during the conference.
*The reimbursement are only eligible for economic fare flight and accommodation (5D4N) expenses up to the maximum amount of USD1,000 per candidate. Expenses in excess of the award amount will not be reimbursed by APACPH.
**Awardee who had paid their Registration fee in advance will be reimbursed by the Conference Host.